Terms & Conditions
PRIVACY NOTICE – GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR") and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 came into force on 25 May 2018 and govern how we deal with your personal information.
This Privacy Notice sets out: (i) how we use your personal information; and (ii) the new rights you have in relation to your personal information.
We act as a Controllers (for the purposes of GDPR) in relation to the personal information that we process about you.
Information we hold about you
To enable us to ensure the efficient and successful running of our business, it is necessary for us to hold and process personal information about our customers. This may include the following information, [but not limited to]:
- Contact information
- Address (residential and/or business)
- Financial details (e.g. bank details)
- Financial transaction values of items bought and sold
- Regulatory information (e.g Holding Numbers, registration details)
We may also be required to process additional information about you in order to enable us to administer our business appropriately.
How we use your information
We may use information about you to administer and operate the smooth running of our business or for the purposes of carrying out the following activities:
- Providing information relating to any accountancy queries raised within 7 years
- Providing information to individual buyers or sellers in relation to an auction (for example, any legal or operational changes);
- Responding to queries raised by individuals;
- Responding to queries from relevant regulatory or UK Government bodies; and
- Carrying out administration tasks ;and
- Providing you with the products or services that you have purchased from us.
Our legal basis for using your information
In most cases, we will process your information on the legal basis that it is necessary for (i) accounting practices and requirements; (ii) the effective running of the business; (iii) providing you with the products or services that you have purchased from us; and (iv) You have consented to receive marketing information from us and can remove this at any time.
We will also process your information where it is necessary to do so in order for us to comply with any applicable laws or legislation.
How long we will retain your information
The information retained by us is for a standard period of seven years from the most recent business transaction.
Third parties with whom we share your information
We may need to share your information and information about other individuals with third parties who act on our behalf or provide services to us. Your information will be kept secure at all times and will only be shared with such third parties when necessary. Your information may also be disclosed to the following third parties for the following purposes:
- The Financial Adviser or Accountant in relation to any accounting requirements;
- The UK Government or any other public authorities or regulatory authorities if we are obliged to do so by any applicable laws;
- any of our group companies or affiliates;
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - information is shared with employees across our group to deliver product and services to high standards;
- third-party payment providers who process payments made over the website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds.
Where we provide you with a running account credit facility, your information will be shared with our insurers and their underwriters, who will in turn share this information with their chosen credit reference agency. More information regarding this is provided to you when you apply for this service.
Sources of information about you
We may collect information about you directly from you. In addition, we may also collect information about you from other third parties providing services in connection with the administration and management of our business. We may also collect information about you from the HMRC and other public authorities.
If your personal details change at any time, please inform us as soon as possible to ensure that all information held about you remains accurate and up to date.
International data transfers
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, e.g. if we use service providers from another country. In these circumstances, we shall put in place suitable safeguards to ensure that your information is held securely. If you require further information about the safeguards put in place you can request it from us by contacting us at the address set out below.
Website users and email marketing subscribers
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our website users and those who consent to receive marketing emails from us.
Personal data we collect
We may collect the following information from our website users.
- Your visits and use of our website
- IP address
- browser type
- referral source
- length of visit
- number of page views
We additionally collect the following from those who subscribe to email marketing.
- Email address
- Your consent to receive marketing emails
Your rights in relation your information
You have a number of rights in relation to your information, which we respect and aim to uphold in everything we do. These include the following:
- Access: you can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you and a description of how we use that information;
- Rectification: if you believe any information we hold on you may be inaccurate or incomplete, and you are unable to correct this information yourself, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies;
- Erasure: you can require us to erase your information in certain limited circumstances;
- Portability: You can request that we supply the personal information you have provided to us to yourself or another party in a structured, commonly used, electronic format, so it can be easily transferred;
- Restriction: you can require us to restrict our use of your information or object to how it is used in certain limited circumstances; and
- Object: You have the right to object to us processing your information, and in certain circumstances this will stop us from continuing to use your personal information; and
- Withdraw Consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal information (for example, to send you marketing communications), you can withdraw your consent at any time by following the unsubscribe options or by contacting us at the details below.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your information or you wish to contact us about your rights or if you have any complaints about our use of your information, please contact us at:
ANM Group Ltd
Thainstone Agricultural Centre
Telephone: 01467 632700
We will do our best to answer any question and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resolved your complaint, please note that you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Policy Operational Date:
Revised 5th June 2019
Policy Prepared By:
Data Protection Officer
Grant Rogerson Chief Executive
Policy Review Date:
6 Monthly Review
5th December 2019
24 April 2019